Customs & Excise

Hans

I am receiving a consignment from China and will have to pay about 80 euro to customs and excise but I have been told by the courier company that a brooker will have to do this for me when I contacted the Broker (they recomended) they told me their minimum charge is 50 euro. Can anybody that has experience importing into this country tell me is this the usual procedure.

Hi Hans,

First of all, this is not an answer to your question :)

And now for the hypocrisy (I'm very new and have not posted much, but anyhows) - you say you are waiting on a delivery, which suggests that you have delt with carriers and have info re cost, procedures etc. There have been other posts here that are looking for this information (yes I have one :)) so it might be an idea to give before you intend to receive!

Not meaning to sound too sore, as I myself am very busy and have not as yet got to sharing the info I have recently received, but hey - share the love dude :), have a look at where you experienc might help others on this site.

Anyway, good uck with you search, sure ya probably sorted it by now,

tonyk

As you will see I am a regular poster to this forum but will only help if I know the information I have is acurate. Regarding costs of carriers it's like asking how long is a length of string. It depends on so many factor I'm afraid the only way to find out is do what the rest of us have to do get on the phone and start negotiating.

As for 'being very busy myself' I think when you start sharing 'share the love dude' get back to me then!!!!!! To those people that have helped me along the way I would say thank you again and to those I have helped (some privately they have already thanked me). I'm wondering what issues you have that you feel you need to turn on a Contributor like this.

Hi Hans,

Absolute apologies for my reply to your initial post. I did not intend to turn on a distributor in anyway whatsoever. Sorry again if I may have caused you any offense.

Please believe it was not my intention... although I totally understand if that is hard to do.. because the reply was pointless to say the least - it was not meant to sound as it did.

It is funny how that tends to invariably happen on these sites, although some might say that is down to the intelligence of the poster (I hope they are wrong :)).

Apologies & Regards,

tonyk

If the goods are commercial a customs entry will probably have to be made the typical cost is about €50. but if the consignment was 50K the cost of the entry would be the same.The cost seems high because the value of the goods are very low

Anytime im to recieve sutff from outside the country,being from the .u.s or oz.i alway inform sender to send it as gift.that way i avoid paying customs.

Thank you for your replies I have received my goods but think I'll go back to my European suppliers as when all costs are added I didn't save that much by ordering from China as I am not in the position to order a large amount of this particular item.

Back