Current public sentiment towards the housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
229 in Lucan (myhome stats)

Again using MyHome stats..

..supply slowly increasing in Ranelagh (which I'm interested in as it's both "exclusive" and a very small area). It was 50 properties a few weeks back, now 56. I've seen two go 'sale agreed', only to revert to 'for sale' a few days later.

I always thought this was negligible,yet i'm in the post office the other day to pay an Esb bill with 5 people in front of me,3 of them western union money off to the congo no less and the other 2 mail money off to poland.I'd love to know exactly how much money is getting sucked out of the irish economy every week,if you have worked for it fair enough but i get the impression irish taxpayers money is being spread across the globe.I know the lefties love it,but do we have to keep the whole world going !.
Anyone here from western union that could throw a figure our way ?

If they earned the money then they are entitled to spend it however they like. From an inflationary perspective this is good because it reduces the money supply. Can you imagine how bad things would be if foreign workers were throwing money around like the cash-crazy Irish?

If they earned the money then they are entitled to spend it however they like. From an inflationary perspective this is good because it reduces the money supply. Can you imagine how bad things would be if foreign workers were throwing money around like the cash-crazy Irish?

Of course, such high demand for an Post and Western Union gives them pricing power so that they can increase prices, thereby fuelling inflation. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by room305

Of course, such high demand for an Post and Western Union gives them pricing power so that they can increase prices, thereby fuelling inflation. ;)
Jaysus you two - get a room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - how many threads is this inflation fetish gonna take over??

Are we agreed that the Autumn selling season has stalled ? (or never got quite started)

Are we agreed that the Autumn selling season has stalled ? (or never got quite started)

Remember all the rubbish from the bulls during the summer - "House market may be weak now but prices will rise in the next selling season"

and now that this season is a disastrous washout...they're already starting to say it again about next selling season (Spring).

but they've been saying prices will rise for months now and sure if you listened to that rubbish about house prices rising you would have lost money!!!! :D

I knew house prices were falling, but not this fast....

[broken link removed]=

;)

I'll take two

:)

/edit looking at the map there are 3 places for sale in that estates, this one asking 1,700,000, a 5 bed for 1,900,000 and another 5 bed for 2,000,000, all up teh road from Balivor (That the Balivor going for 2.750,000 [broken link removed] , been on the market since March)

German inflation at two and a half year low
http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/1012/germany.html?rss

Looks like inflation in the Eurozone in general is going in the right direction. If inflation continue to go down or stays level there shouldn't be a need for ECB to raise the rates much further.

I think a lot of people (FTB's in particular) currently are waiting to see how high the interest rates are going before deciding whether to buy or not. If ECB have good news at the next meeting there might be another stream of buyers coming onboard in the new year.

I think a lot of people (FTB's in particular) currently are waiting to see how high the interest rates are going before deciding whether to buy or not. If ECB have good news at the next meeting there might be another stream of buyers coming onboard in the new year.

What?

FTBs waiting?

For heavens sake why? Sure isnt rent "dead money". Surely since "in the long-term prices always go up" the current "soft landing" is merely "a buying opportunity".

German inflation at two and a half year low
http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/1012/germany.html?rss

Looks like inflation in the Eurozone in general is going in the right direction. If inflation continue to go down or stays level there shouldn't be a need for ECB to raise the rates much further.

On the other hand:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=aFW_qQMUyuk0&refer=economy

"The key ECB interest rates remain at low levels, money and credit growth remain strong and liquidity in the euro area is ample"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back