Culture Night event: A financial justice tour of Dublin - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 17:00 - 19:30

Brendan Burgess

Founder
https://culturenight.ie/event/place-politics-and-power-a-financial-justice-walking-tour-of-the-international-financial-services-centre/
The concept of this tour is a simple yet effective one: to make real the abstract nature of globalised finance by undertaking a journey through the streets where it conducts its business. It is also, at the same time, a walk through Irish history, from the War of Independence to today’s world of transnational capital. This walking tour will take you along locations from Liberty Hall into the North and South Docklands. The tour is facilitated by Financial Justice Ireland (formerly Debt and Development Coalition Ireland) a global financial justice organisation working for a fair and just society for everyone, in collaboration with CATU (Community Action Tenants Union), AFRI Action From Ireland, former SIPTU Tutor & labour historian Mags O’Brien & researcher Conor McCabe.

The 5pm meeting point for this tour is the James Connolly Statue, Beresford Place, Dublin 1.

Very interesting. I missed this when reviewing the events and have since booked another tour that overlaps. Any chance it will be done again for an all AAM crew??

@Purple

Let me know what time you are going and we might hook up for a pint afterwards to tease out the issues raised.
I was away at the weekend. Have I missed it???
I would have been very interested in going, mainly to ask questions and offer a contrary (contrarian?) view.
I see it is being people who are paid using the taxes taken from the Financial Services Sector which I'm sure they mention during the tour.

https://culturenight.ie/event/place-politics-and-power-a-financial-justice-walking-tour-of-the-international-financial-services-centre/
The concept of this tour is a simple yet effective one: to make real the abstract nature of globalised finance by undertaking a journey through the streets where it conducts its business. It is also, at the same time, a walk through Irish history, from the War of Independence to today’s world of transnational capital. This walking tour will take you along locations from Liberty Hall into the North and South Docklands. The tour is facilitated by Financial Justice Ireland (formerly Debt and Development Coalition Ireland) a global financial justice organisation working for a fair and just society for everyone, in collaboration with CATU (Community Action Tenants Union), AFRI Action From Ireland, former SIPTU Tutor & labour historian Mags O’Brien & researcher Conor McCabe.

The 5pm meeting point for this tour is the James Connolly Statue, Beresford Place, Dublin 1.
Link is dead - cancelled ?

I was away at the weekend. Have I missed it???
I would have been very interested in going, mainly to ask questions and offer a contrary (contrarian?) view.
I see it is being people who are paid using the taxes taken from the Financial Services Sector which I'm sure they mention during the tour.

If you do go, be sure to give my regards to Neltah Chadmoyo. Ireland badly needs more Art and Mental Fitness Trainers; not to mention more Energy Healers and Transformation Facilitators. o_O

If you do go, be sure to give my regards to Neltah Chadmoyo. Ireland badly needs more Art and Mental Fitness Trainers; not to mention more Energy Healers and Transformation Facilitators. o_O

Okay, that's put me off. I enjoy laughing at people making fools of themselves as much as the next man but I don't think I could make it through that guff.

Back