Croskerry and 2 judgements on my apartment.

Xmas@56

Hi I got 2 judgements in 2009 put on my apartment on unsecured cards I was able to settle one judgement but crosskerry was not happy to do same long story short I now still owe 5.000 on this I'm paying 50 euro a month the debt was about 10.000 they have sent me a letter saying what I owe and that I have to pay Interest from 2009 to 2017 of 8% and from 2017 its 2% when is this statutory barred or is it not barred because I'm still paying them. I look forward to any help.please

I am not a lawyer, so this is my layman's understanding.

It is not statute barred if you continue to acknowledge it every month.

Some of the interest is statute barred. I suspect that they can only go back 6 years to claim interest which they have not claimed before.

However, I suspect that it's scare tactics. If you have some friend or family member who could come up with maybe €2,000, you could offer it to them in full and final settlement.

Brendan

Hi Brendon Thank you for your advice. Could you recommend someone I could contact, who would contact croskerry re this matter and negotiate a settlement for me.? I am happy to pay for this service bit don't know where to start. I eventually want to sell.my apartment and need judgements lifted.

An Insolvency Practitioner would charge a high fee and if you only owe €5,000, it would not be worth it.

Try MABS. See if they might negotiate on your behalf.

Otherwise, maybe ask a friend who is "good with money".

Brendan

Back