Crisp'n'dry vs. Diesel

it is 100% wrong

if you want to use 100% veggie, then find an old (mid90's or older) mercedes diesel.

otherwise pick up a similar vintage VW or Peugeot/Citroen diesel and run a mix

of course you should check the exact engine before doing this..... a good resource is

or check on elsbett.com what conversion kits they have for modern diesel engines.... ring ecocar.ie

also, where are you going to get 50-70 litres of veggie per week? that's alot of shopping (and waste bottles) from Aldi/Lidl.... you will most likely have to buy it in 1000litre bulk.

it is 100% wrong

if you want to use 100% veggie, then find an old (mid90's or older) mercedes diesel.

otherwise pick up a similar vintage VW or Peugeot/Citroen diesel and run a mix

of course you should check the exact engine before doing this..... a good resource is

or check on elsbett.com what conversion kits they have for modern diesel engines.... ring ecocar.ie

also, where are you going to get 50-70 litres of veggie per week? that's alot of shopping (and waste bottles) from Aldi/Lidl.... you will most likely have to buy it in 1000litre bulk.

Thanks. Think I'll avoid it for now. Don't want to muck up the car as it's going well.

Hi,
yeh,
some one just told me that if you cannot produce vat receipts for used veg oil in your car fuel tank that the government has bumped up the fine to 5k ?, can anyone substantiate this ? because I will be running my jeep on used veg oil next week and my other half is now fretting in case I get caught.
Well, actually I think hes fretting more because I just spent a wadge of money on a processor to process the waste oil into fuel and hes rather sceptical about the whole thing
But, how can I be expected to pay vat on something that I didnt buy ?, I am collecting waste oil for free from my local take aways who are only happy to see it getting reused

Can you produce VAT-inclusive receipts for your WVO processor? Tha VAT of fuel costing nothing is nothing (I think, but then I'm not a Revenue official).

a friend of mine has been using aldi veggie oil for years now in his 02 transit van..has had no problems so far. i think he uses 40% deisel 60% veggie. as for the issue of VAT ect......well to use his own words....F...k them!!

Back