Credited Cotributions and Invalidity Pension

JEON50

I am on disability since Mid 2009, I applied for Invalidity Pension, in late 2010, I was refused, I appealed and was told I did not have enough PRSI Cotributions (48) in the year prior to the claim. I have since learned that none of my credited cotributions for 2009 and 2010 where added to my record. This is now been corrected

Do you qualify on PRSI grounds, For IP on 48 Credited contributions in 2010

Glad to hear you finally got your record sorted.
If you have the required 260 contributions since you first started work and 48 paid or credited in 2010 you should apply for IP immediately, assuming you qualify on medical grounds.

Black Sheep is correct, just to clarify.

To get Invalidity Pension you must have at least:

• 260 (5 years) paid contributions since entering social insurance
  • 48 contributions paid or credited in the last complete tax year before the date of your claim
The last complete tax year is the year before your claim. For example, if you claim Invalidity Pension in 2011, the last completed tax year is 2010.
Medical criteria

A doctor employed by the Department of Social Protection will decide if you are medically unfit for work and qualify on medical grounds for Invalidity Pension.
To qualify you must:

• Have been incapable of work for at least 12 months and be likely to be incapable of work for at least another 12 months (you will probably have been getting Illness Benefit or Disability Allowance during that time)
Or

• Be permanently incapable of work (in certain cases of very serious illness or disability, you can transfer directly from another social welfare payment or from your job to Invalidity Pension).

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...isability_and_illness/invalidity_pension.html

Thanks, that's what my uderstanding is as well. I was uaware that you have to ask disability to update your contribution record, for PRSI Credits. Otherwise IP section in the same building will not be aware. It worth been aware of this for future applicants

Back