Credit card suggestions with good rewards system?

I have a credit card with MBNA, they have partnered with pigsback.com and you gain piggypoints monthly depending on what you spend. You can spend these on different 'Rewards' listed on their website. If you have a pay as you go mobile you may benefit as you can 'buy' call credit with your piggypoints. I find it particularly good in this respect........i wouldn't find their other rewards of much benefit.

FWIW - I switched to the Tesco card about 6 months ago. You will receive 0.5% cashback in the form of Tesco 'valueclub' vouchers at regular (monthly/bi-monthly ?) intervals or you can opt to accumulate them and get a more meaningful return (e.g. wait until Christmas and it could go a long way towards the xmas provosions etc.)

At €5 rebate per €1,000 spent - I tend to use it for almost all outgoings and any business travel etc. NB I always pay the statement balance in full before the due date.

I believe American Express offer 1% cashback on one of their offerings but I find AmEx is less widely accepted.

Good luck with whichever you choose

Regards
Dicey

Last edited:
Have you checked the Financial Best Buys CC list?
Not yet, but I will. Thanks for the tip

FWIW - I switched to the Tesco card about 6 months ago. You will receive 0.5% cashback in the form of Tesco 'valueclub' vouchers at regular (monthly/bi-monthly ?) intervals or you can opt to accumulate them and get a more meaningful return (e.g. wait until Christmas and it could go a long way towards the xmas provosions etc.)

At €5 rebate per €1,000 spent - I tend to use it for almost all outgoings and any business travel etc. NB I always pay the statement balance in full before the due date.

I believe American Express offer 1% cashback on one of their offerings but I find AmEx is less widely accepted.

Good luck with whichever you choose

Regards
Dicey
My wife shops in Tesco so that would be handy.

Can you pay the Tesco card bill online?

Hi ToS

This is from the FAQ on the website (does not appear that you can pay online).

https://www.tesco.ie/finance/img/q.gifHow do I make repayments to my Credit card account?https://www.tesco.ie/finance/img/a.gifYou can make repayments by bank giro credit slip, which is attached to your monthly statement, at your bank or building society. You also have the option to set up a direct debit instruction.

NB I noticed when looking for this that they are offering €40 in Tesco vouchers if you open a credit card account before the 6th January (note: it did take them more than a month to open ours)

Regards
Dicey

Last edited:
Back