Credit Card Declined - No documentation

Niamhy F

Hi All,

Just looking for some advise on situation with Bank of Ireland. I applied for credit card so I could avail of 0% for six months so I could pay it off.

I applied online (as only able to) on the 12th December. Posted in all required documentation on the 15th December. I rang on the 17th just looking for an update and they advised it was declined and that a decline letter was sent out to me on the 15th and on the 17th my documents were posted back to me.

Rang on the 5th Jan and was told they were never posted but would be posted that day. Still nothing so rang back on the 12th Jan and was told they were posted but they had to check with new accounts to see what delay was - adv would be called back.

No call back so I rang again on the 15th was adv again that needed to check new accounts and would call back. I told the person that I was already told this and could she assure me she would call back. Adv me that she doesn't say she'll call back if she doesn't plan to...

No call back so I rang again today to be informed that they never received my documentation at all!! Was told to send a written letter to the credit card department asking them to they have it. At this stage I was so frustrated that I said ok and hung up. I'm at a loss of what to do here... my documentation contains original statements, payslips etc so I need these back...

Sorry for the long post, any ideas on what to do here? They have an email address on website that I sent a complaint to the week before last and no response from them at all...

Take everybody's name every time you make contact and keep a note of it. Keep a diary of your contacts. Send all correspondence by registered post, then they can't claim they didn't get it.

Wonder if they have 'misplaced' them and are now trying to fob you off? I wouldnt wait on a call back, I would insist in talking to a supervisor right there and then, telling them that you'll hold on until they get you one.

Losing these documents isn't good, so I would want to know exactly where they are.

Back