Credit Bureau check by Credit Union- Credit card balance

M

MarySmyth

Son applying for credit union loan c. 10k. has 4k on credit card and wants to use the 10k to repay same and car. Will ICB check show the credit union balance?

No, ICB report never shows the balances. It only shows the missed payments if you had over x number of missed payment.

ICB never have access to any balances.

Does this mean that if you have a balance but have never missed a payment that the credit card won't appear on the report at all? I'm just curious if I failed to mention a credit card account when applying for a loan if the bank would be able to find out of it's existance at all?

No, ICB report never shows the balances. It only shows the missed payments if you had over x number of missed payment.

ICB never have access to any balances.

According to the [broken link removed] balances are shown.

Does this mean that if you have a balance but have never missed a payment that the credit card won't appear on the report at all? I'm just curious if I failed to mention a credit card account when applying for a loan if the bank would be able to find out of it's existance at all?

I'm curious to know why anybody would withhold relevant information when applying for a loan. It is dishonest and unwise.

I'm curious to know why anybody would withhold relevant information when applying for a loan.

Perhaps some people feel that bankers / underwriters are clueless, and have contributed significantly to bringing this country to it's knees by the lending criteria they employed over the last ten years?

Depends on the bank. Not all banks will provide the ICB with balance details on credit cards. They will simply provide them with information on arrears. Only way to know is to get a copy of your credit report

Back