Cream paint?

Zion

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a nice cream paint? Just got keys to new apartment & want to paint it all cream to start with but getting confused by so many different shades!

Don't want anything too yellow or pink or white but a proper creamy colour. Does that make sense?! If anyone can help would REALLY appreciate it!!

Re: Cream paint??

Farmhouse cream by Fired Earth. It's a lovely warm creamy cream. Lovely with white for a fresh clean look.

Bit expensive but worth it.

Re: Cream paint??

Thanks for the quick response Phoenix! How expensive are you talking and is it stocked in the likes of B&Q or Homebase?

Orchid White is a lovely pale cream colour that will match everything.

If you're on a budget, you can get huge tubs of magnolia (can't remember the brand, will find out if you like) that are very reasonably priced and look fine.

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a nice cream paint? Just got keys to new apartment & want to paint it all cream to start with but getting confused by so many different shades!

Don't want anything too yellow or pink or white but a proper creamy colour. Does that make sense?! If anyone can help would REALLY appreciate it!!

hey I just painted walls pashema cream - very warm shade of cream, looks well!

I think I got it in the dulux brand, I have my dining room, sitting room and conservatory painted in it and when re-painting next year (its a few years since we painted) it will be Orchid White all around again.

3 rooms all white ? That'd be a bit much for me tbh....

Dulux Oyster Cove 6 is a beautiful bright freah colour with a hint of purple/violet in it. You need to have it mixed tho...

Is it very white NHG? Going down to paint shop now so will pick up a few testers.

Dulux Jasmine White is lovely too. Dulux do a whole range of off-white colours so you're bound to find something you like among them.

I find Magnolia bit too yellow so I mix a drop of it into white paint until I have a nice warm cream colour. Have all my downstairs in it and love it. Cheap and cheerful

Dools....any idea of the ratio of white to magnolia? As you say, nice cheap option & one which I'd like to explore also, especially as it buys us time to decide if we'd prefer bolder colours. Thanks, apple1

Dulux do a great cream colour called "linen", its not yellow, has a nice brown/mushroom tone to it, but is still very light. Its in their easycare range, which is a wipeable/longer lasting range, but you can ask the paint shop to make it up in the regular matt emulsion base, which is cheaper.

Hi Zion

Re Farmhouse cream - try [broken link removed] for prices. Didn't get a chance to have a look at it yet to see the current price. The paint goes on like a dream.

sorry, that should be www.firedearth.com. It gives you the tel no for the Dun Laoghaire branch. You could give them a call or take the UK price and add 50% on for euro.

Phoenix

Back