Crab Meat - West Dublin/Kildare

triona

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I could buy crab meat (fresh or frozen) somewhere around West Dublin or Kildare? Anywhere in Blanchardstown or Liffey Valley?

Thanks, Triona

Unless you are willing to travel to Howth or Gun L in the south i suspect you will be stuck with frozen. unfort that doesn't have half the taste. some things do freeze. crab aint one of them IMO.

Nolans Crabmeat is in Superquinn and some of the Dunnes do it. It is usually over where the smoked salmon, etc is. It is usually €9.99 for 200gms, I think and sometimes they have them on special. It is expensive enough, but beats the tinned stuff hands down. I make a crab and chilli linguine pasta dish and always use this and the quality of it is excellent.

Superquinn in Lucan do it, thats where I get mine and have picked it up in Dunnes in Clondalkin, though they dont always have it in stock.

Thanks guys. I was in Tesco last night and found it. It is very expensive at 9.99 for 200g. The recipe I was considering for crab cakes required 1kg!! Think I'll try something else.

Thanks again, Triona

Back