cover letter question

kerinsp

Hi,
there are 3 jobs advertised for one company I am interested in.
Should I send 1 cover letter stating I am interested in any of the 3 positions or should I apply for each one seperately?

P

Are the 3 jobs very similar? I'd wonder about giving the impression that you're not very focussed if you applied for all 3 roles.

In that case I would specify the job you are most interested in but note that you would also consider the part time job, one letter would suffice.

If they're all going to the same HR/recruitment person, then one letter and one cv would be sufficient.

However, the cover letter contents now would be even more important than normal.

You could indicate your interest in all three, but I would guess that there would be one of the three that you'd be most interested, best qualified, most interested in.

This should be highlighted, with some sort of comment then around the fact that should the also consider appropriate, you would also like to be considered for the other 2, and if the part time one is last choice, highlight this.

Also, if it particularly the company that interests you (as in you'd take any job that they're offering), then you should find words around this as well to show them that you're keen. Phrasing is important here.

Back