Court Summons

celticsteven

To my horror i arrived home from work today to a court summons. Basically i was stopped by the Gardai last August for not having a seatbelt on, my fault 100% took it on the chin paid my 60 euro fine and recieved 2 penalty points. Today i recieved a summons for not producing my driving licence and insurance documents at my local Garda station. I am a fully law abiding citizen never in trouble in my life for anything and i get this. The Garda who stopped me never asked me to produce anything, he gave me an earbashing for not wearing my belt ( i was on the way home from my local shop in a housing estate) still no excuse i was wrong. Where do i stand with this, it says the court hearing is in April of 2008 and i also drive for a living for a high profile International company which would be none to impressed with me being in court.

thanks in advance.

Dont stress, these are minor matters that even if they went to court and you showed that you did have a driving licence and insurance you would just get a small fine, but just get your driving licence and insurance and go down to the garda station and preferably make an appointment before hand to see the issuing garda, show him the documents, tell him you didnt realise you were to produce docs and ask him to have the summons struck out, if he is decent and your story is true should be okay.

Back