Council tenant. Septic Tank broken (€600) and Council (LL) wash their hands of it.

coolatjc

Hi all, just thought I would share this with you and seek any advice if there is any.

I am unemployed and living in a local authority house in rural Ireland.

My septic tank has just broke down and needs a pump replacing at a cost of €600 for everything.

I do ont have any funds to provide this as I am unemployed and the council have simply washed there hands of me as they state they do not have anything to do with septic tanks.

I cant understand how this is there house and they can wash there hands of me and tell me to sort out the problems in there house that I rent of them.

I have no idea what to do.

Any adivce is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ive expanded the title a little. Let me know if this is ok.

Have you written to the Local Authority Housing Department and explained the situation? Have they replied? What did they say in their reply?

Have you contacted a local public representative?

Who pays to empty the septic tank?

How old is the house and septic tank system?

Have you applied to your CWO for an exceptional needs payment?

Ive expanded the title a little. Let me know if this is ok.

Have you written to the Local Authority Housing Department and explained the situation? Have they replied? What did they say in their reply?

Have you contacted a local public representative?

Who pays to empty the septic tank?

How old is the house and septic tank system?

Hi, no problem with title being expanded.

I went to the CWO office, I was told this wasnt considered a exceptional need.

I spoke to the engineeer at the council who said it was my responsability as outlined in the T&C`s of tenancy.

Havent contacted any local reps yet, but I plan on doing so because I thinks this is going to be a bigger issue with these new Septic tank inspections coming down the road.

The house and Septic tank are about 10 years old and I have to pay for it to be emptied.

Back