Could I move a performing mortgage while another is not performing?

mark71

I got a letter today from IBRC saying my two mortgages have been sold to Mars Capital Ireland. One , my principle mortgage and fully performing the other a buy to let where the property was surrendered to the IBRC in June 2013.

Would it be possible to switch the performing one to PTSB with this offer ? Or would Mars Capital be able to block it to keep the two mortgages together? Or maybe PTSB wouldn't entertain it at all?

If there is a blip on your credit record because of the surrendered property I would imagine PTSB would not be interested in your other mortgage either.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also.
More straw clutching than anything I suppose.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also.
More straw clutching than anything I suppose.
Hi, a friend of mine is in a similar situation where person owns 1 property and had a 2nd buy to let property all with AIB, the 2 mortgages were combined and my friend was under pressure financially as rent on buy to let not coveting mortgage.(also trouble with tenants).eventually came to an agreement with AIB and cleared off the loan for the buy to let last year..since then AiB sold mortgage for own property to Another lender as was categorised as non performing..The property is on a tracker and as ECB rates are raising hoping to look at switching. My friend is single with a good solid job on around 92k, remaining balance of 214k with monthly payments of 1631 and LTV of under 50%..my question is can this person avail of a switcher option to look for a fixed rate as current lender does not provide fixed rate option? Appreciate any help/ suggestions you can offer, thanks

Back