Coughs and Sneezes....Did anyone learn anything during Covid?

Tintagel

I have spent too much time in supermarkets leading up to Christmas. I cannot get over the number of people who are walking along and just coughing straight ahead and not covering their cough.

Today in Dunnes Stores Blackrock...there was an individual, not only coughing out in front of him as he walked but also coughed over items on the shelves.

I mean did this tool not learn anything about cough etiquette?

I have spent too much time in supermarkets leading up to Christmas. I cannot get over the number of people who are walking along and just coughing straight ahead and not covering their cough.

Today in Dunnes Stores Blackrock...there was an individual, not only coughing out in front of him as he walked but also coughed over items on the shelves.

I mean did this tool not learn anything about cough etiquette?
Some of those same people probably didn't bother wearing masks or having manners or regard for others when COVID was rampant either, I suspect.

I'm constantly amazed at this myself, I know that the threat of Covid has waned but it's still there and while most people treat it like cold and flu
For some it can be a life changing experience and I for one haven't caught it and hopefully never will
We still wear our masks when out and about shopping or in crowded areas except when eating or drinking in restaurants and pubs

Had a woman come up to me at the checkout in Dunnes about six weeks ago telling me that she thinks
"You're dead right to be wearing a mask as a few of my friends have recently got it and had an awful time with it"
But when I asked her if she should be wearing one, she just looked at me blankly and didn't respond :rolleyes:

I've got to agree with the others here, the extensive coughing and sneezing in supermarkets recently is prevalent. Cervelo hit the nail on the head when he said "if she should be wearing one (anti Covid mask), she just looked at me blankly." I've seen many situations where people tend to support the wrong-doer rather than the victim. Reminds me of a situation near Cork where a female garda was beaten up while people looked on and recording the incident on mobile phones and not helping her in any way. Make no mistake that's the society we have become, I regret to say. And there's more to come . . .

It's also the staff in supermarkets. Saw a woman stacking the "pasta" shelves in the chiller area of Dunnes Stores, Cornelscourt....cough over practically everything she put on the shelves. Another staff member same supermarket....shaved head always walks through the store coughing in front of him as he walks.

Mount Merrion area...guy on fish counter always coughing over the products he has for sale.

Back