couch from argos

creme egg

Bit of a long story, will try and make it as short as possible.

I bought a couch (three and two seater) from argos back in march. I bought it taking advantage of their six month interest free option. (with HFC bank)
They did not have the three seater in stock, so just got the 2 seater and took a credit note for the three seater.

As far as HFC bank are concerned the total amount was 700, I currently have a voucher for argos for 400 (for the out of stock item)

The two seater couch I received was not as I had thought it was going to be (nothing wrong with it, just different from what I imagined) so as per their "no quibble" policy, I returned it.

I am still being charged by HFC bank for the outstanding amount of 700. (checked the balance with them last week)

I rang Argos which was a rigmarole, was transfered at least 6 times, they they twigged that I was calling from Ireland (even though I had to confirm my address with each phone transfer) and the credit policy was different for us.

Basically my problem is: Argos are saying that they returned the 300 to HFC Bank, but HFC bank have no record of this.

I was told to go back to the branch where I bought the sofa from and they will be able to help me. I argued this with the lady on the phone, as any of the argos staff I have dealt with in that branch would not be particularly customer focused, and if they can "get away" with not helping you, they will. Apologies for tarring everyone with the same brush, it's just my experience every time I go to that argos.

At this stage I just want to get my money back and start again. (well give the total amount back to HFC)

Would you happen to know where I would stand with regards to the credit note for argos, as I was given this as the item was out of stock at the time. Are they obliged to refund me or am I just stuck with this.

Anyone have any tips for dealing with argos in an efficient way, as I was on the phone to them last time for over 45 mns.

Hope I have made this clear. Thanks

creme egg

Back