Coste Adeje or Los Cristianos?

• Thread starter stinkerbelle
  • Start date
S

stinkerbelle

Booked flights for a week mid November for some cheap winter sun, I hastily booked flights to Tenerife (South), in hindsight Lazorote would have been more my thing. It's done now, so, having never been to the island before I need some advice on where to book our accomodation. There's no shortage of finding self catering apartments, but I was just about to book for place in the Fanabe area of Coste Adeje area of Playa De Las Americas. From what I've read there's difference in this area to central PDLA in so much that it's slightly older and laid back.

We are a couple, 27, looking for a quiet enough holiday & we like to go out in the evening for decent food, a bottle of wine in nice surrounds, but like to know there's a late bar or two about...just incase. Now I know I was way of the mark booking Tenerife in the first place, but before I go ahead and book this apartment, should I be thinking more along the lines of Los Cristianos than a glorifed PDLA....Has anyone been there recently and what do they think?

Last edited by a moderator:
You havn't made a mistake in my opinion. You might be surprised by Tenerife. There is one are that gives the whole island a bad name and that is the Veronicas area. There is an area just on the edge of Las Americas and within walking distance of Los Christianos. There are fantastic very classy restaurants and bars and lots of the designer shops etc. See if you can find the Parque Santiago 3 apartments and book those id say you would like that area.

Hope this helps if you want to know anything else PM me.

Booked flights for a week mid November for some cheap winter sun, I hastily booked flights to Tenerife (South), in hindsight Lazorote would have been more my thing. It's done now, so, having never been to the island before I need some advice on where to book our accomodation. There's no shortage of finding self catering apartments, but I was just about to book for place in the Fanabe area of Coste Adeje area of Playa De Las Americas. From what I've read there's difference in this area to central PDLA in so much that it's slightly older and laid back.

We are a couple, 27, looking for a quiet enough holiday & we like to go out in the evening for decent food, a bottle of wine in nice surrounds, but like to know there's a late bar or two about...just incase. Now I know I was way of the mark booking Tenerife in the first place, but before I go ahead and book this apartment, should I be thinking more along the lines of Los Cristianos than a glorifed PDLA....Has anyone been there recently and what do they think?

stick with this area "Fanabe area of Coste Adeje area of Playa De Las Americas." as los cristianos is v quiet

I agree with Sammie110.....i stayed in Los Cristianos a few years ago.....i wasn't too crazy about it at all......didn't like Veronica's strip in PDLA either.....but the area where the Parque Santiago 3 apartments are is gorgeous......and they are really nice apartments......i would definitely go to that area if i was to go back there.

Heading to Tenerife as well at the end of June with family and family friend. There are 2 special needs kids in the group (Downs Syndrome - age 21) and Im looking for an apartment in an area where the accommodation wont be on a steep hill for the two lads. Was also looking at Costa Adeje. if someone could give me the names of some places to research, id really appreciate it. The difference in recommendations in some of the brochures is mad! One place I stayed in years ago, youd need to be a mountain goat to stay in it and one brochure said it 'might' not be suitable for the elderly while another siad it was very accessible!

Back