Cost to re felt and tile roof

Ruam

We converted out attic a number of years ago but the felt in the roof is in tatters. The roof needs to be refelted and retiled. Our house is a standard two story house, semi detached. Does anybody have any idea what it would cost to do the job? Can we put the old tiles back on or do we need to use new ones? If possible I would like to reuse the old tiles. I live in Galway city.

Any help appreciated.

Ruam

You can use the old tiles - allow for breakages

Roughly how many m2 is on the roof? Is it a complex roof or just a straight forward Apex?

Joejoe

You can use the old tiles - allow for breakages

Roughly how many m2 is on the roof? Is it a complex roof or just a straight forward Apex?

Joejoe

Thanks joejoe

It's roughly 100 square meters and it's straight forward apex.

Ruam

3,500 - 4,000k sorry I can't be more specific than that, but this should give you some indication of what to expect to pay. It is best if you contact a number of roofing contractor in your area.

Hope that helps?

Joejoe

3,500 - 4,000k sorry I can't be more specific than that, but this should give you some indication of what to expect to pay. It is best if you contact a number of roofing contractor in your area.

Hope that helps?

Joejoe

Thanks for that

I got the same job done on my roof last year and it cost about €6k, but that included getting 3 velux windows installed, new gutters & a little bit of work on the chimney.

If you decide to use the old tiles make sure you check the availability & cost of similar tiles because there will be breakages. I was very lucky that a relative of mine had about 200 of the same old tiles from when they had their roof done as it would have been very very expensive to buy them as they aren't produced any more.

Back