Cost to hang 4 doors, is it too much?

Maxie37

Hi Guys,
Just got a quote on the price to hang 4 internal doors, make a little box to cover a fuse box and another box to cover something in another room (MDF nothing fancy) the quote was 400 euro, seems steep to me but I haven't a clue, is it expensive?
Thanks
Maxie

As far as I remember when we got a guy to do doors, they do take quite a bit of skill to hang properly. If you had been able to buy 2 boxes & pay for them it would be approx 70 - 100 € ?? But I think 300 would be the most I would pay.

You would'nt get it done for €300 - I would imagine the €400 to be ok - aprox €80 per door and €40 per box

very reasonable.. if you get cheaper prices then the finish might not be as good.. really depends on the carpenter but seems ok

Absolutely thats a decent price - I assume he's fitting the locks and handles also? I think you're doing well there to be honest.

Got a price to hang doors recently - if I buy the doors from the guy, he will only charge 50 each to hang them.

Doors are not overly expensive either for what they are

its way too much! any decent carpenter will do all them in less than a day €400 for a days work, would you c'mon...............................

during the boom years - it was a e100 to hang a door - in a new build.
frame, door & fittings.

most carpenters use a router and a gig - and get a door fitted very quick without having to do a frame too.
You should be able to get it done cheaper than that.
Like the poster said = e400 for 2/3 days work - a bit much.

k

im sure ud get a cheaper quotation,loads of carpenters looking for bit of work in newspapers etc! dats sounds abit steep,well these days anyway!

If this guy came recommended then go with him, as you want these doors to stay up, there is recession but try not to to go for cheapest option, is he only hanging doors(what about door handles section to be chiseled out etc)

If all he is doing is hanging the doors then it seems a bit much. (this includes chiselling out for hinges etc. as someone said, carpenters have routers etc) More info required to ascertain if is a good price

Is he supplying Locks and Handles and Hinges (decent handles and locks start from about €20-30 per set)
Is he fitting all above
Does the door require trimming
Is he doing frame and architrave

If all above is being done its probably in and around market price. You may get it for slightly less but as someone above said, 'if hes recommended.....'

ah God help us......routers, door trimming , is he doing this? is he doing that? where are all the REAL carpenters gone, is there anyone out there........................

I rang 2 door places in dublin yesterday - i am also looking for supply and fit of 4 internal (cheapish) doors. both places quoted €50 for fitting.

i have too say i thought 400 was good enough as a good friend of mine charged me 100 euro a door too put in door frame and hang door and lock it,not sure how good a friend he was with some of them prices ye have quoted..

Back