cost of tarmac

M

maryanne3

Hi, does anyone know what the cost of getting a large front garden tarmaced in as I dont think I can afford paving. It is a very large garden with two lawns separted by a broken up path with a side garden beside the garage. Not keen on grass cutting! :eek:

You'll need to get out the meauring tape if you want to get answers. Tarmac companies have no work at the moment, neighbour just got his done for half the original quote by basically laughing in the contractors face. When trying to get it done on a budget you'll have to be very careful they don't put down too little or the weeds will be straight up through it. Good preperation is essential to a good tarmac job.

What's the going rate at the moment ?

Good question... I just got a quote for 300 sq m , incl gullies for €7,300 for 60 mm think stone mastic asphalt.
Company came recommended, just wondering how much to haggle down to.

Would like to get a few more quotes , but afraid to get cowboys, any recommendations in meath/westmeath area ? Also will haggling down mean 60 mm becomes 55 - as when it is laid you can't see how thick it actually is.

Don't bother PM'ing me with a recommendation on the subject if you have 0 or 1 post.

road stone came in cheapest for us 800sqm so a long road way 80/20 which is hi spec, did it in a day and were ok about €18 a sqm they are in meath area.

I tried the travelling gentlemen and naturally the weeds started to grow through it within weeks so I'd say price reduction = bad quality.
fwiw I was told that the best way is to apply two layers so doing it in one go/one day might not be the best.

Back