Key Post Cost of moving telephone or ESB poles

Re: >>Cost re. moving telephone or ESB poles

Just got a description of charges, for removing and putting telephone pole underground, since the pole sits in middle of our lawn and partly blocks seaview:
Labor: 288
Stores: 1983.83
Purchases/
Contracts 15,561.44

We already paid for Survey fee of 216.00. Vat @ 13.5% = 2,378.33
Total Price: 19,995.59

I think something is wrong here. The costs/total sum, don't add up either.

Yes, one has to pay in advance and within a short time.

Do any of you think there must be an "extra 1, or an extra 5" in the Purchase/Contract figure.

I guess they have to dig up the tarmac outside our stonefence, in order to put the line underground. I sure hope they have made a calculating error here and will call them next week.

Anyone with input here is appreciated!

Re: Key Post: Cost re. moving telephone or ESB poles

a friend of mine has been battling with esb about moving a pole in eden road dunlaoghaire.they want a few grand but he dug his heels in,contacted local politicians and minister mary hanafin and despite opposition from the esb in the leopardstown office,they have been over ruled by their head office and its going to be done for free.if you look at the esb web site [broken link removed] you will see all their charges and conditions.this means nothing because if you scream loud enough the esb always chicken out and change the rules for you (even though it breaks their own rules about equality in charges and also is in conflict with the CER ).so dont pay shout and scream etc, and eventually they will do it for nothing.Good luck.

Back