Cost of Man + Digger

lfcjfc

Nearing completion of our new build and will have to get a man with a digger to come in to help will levelling site, finishing off etc. Does anybody know roughly what sort of day rate that I should be paying for man with a digger and a dumper?

Thanks

think its about 400 per day, thats for machine at 50 per hour, thats in galway anyway, might be cheaper where you are.

My sister got a guy my dad always uses. I'm sure he was 100 per day. He has his own digger but not sure about dumper. Must ask her tomorrow. She got a different guy with a dumper to bring topsoil and level off the garden. Will let you know tomorrow. Of course, you'd have to be living in the midlands to reap the benefit!

I'm paying €45 +vat an hour for a 13 tonne track machine at the moment (Co. Cork). Probably, get a JCB cheaper, but not as good a machine for the job. €100 a day sounds way off the mark, the driver alone would expect to be paid that much for his labour!

You would just about get a labourer for that price, never mind the machine and that would be cheap.

All the labourers I know charge €110+ a day.

Good ones charge more and are worth their weight in gold.

Back