Cost of gravel from river?

Pistachio

Could anyone give me an idea how much a large traler-load of gravel for shoring up foundation for a house would cost, I have been told €40 by one person and €120 by another.

I'm curious about the "from river" bit. Is this legitimate? Surely people can't just go dredging gravel out of public waterways for such purposes?

I'm afraid it is already done Clubman, the gravel was taken from the strand of a river which runs through my father's land, I have been assured that they got approval from the Board of Works and Fisheries Board before work began, strange then that they neglected to ask my father or to pay him for it.:( The reason I'm trying to find out the cost is so that they will pay now, if nothing else it will discourage anyone from thinking they can just draw out whatever they want with no consequences.

If anyone has information regarding the environmental impact I would be very interested, also if anyone knows who they should have sought permission from and if there is some way I can check with the relevant authorities that they did get approval. Any info will really help me clear this up, thanks a mil.

I wouldn't have thought that a river would be considered part of the property that it runs through. You've probably answered your own question by approaching the Board of Works etc.

Consult the relevant Fisheries Board (South Eastern etc) who have responsability for the inland waterways and monitor pollution and environmental concerns.

Back