Cost of getting painter to paint 2200sqft dormer

brokeagain

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for getting a painter to pain a 2200 sqft house. I will provide all the paint.

Paint the inside or outside?

If outside, I've received quotes from €450 (I supply paint) to €2K (they supply paint) for a 1750sq ft pebble dash bungalow.

Last edited:
Paint the inside or outside?

If outside, I've received quotes from €450 (I supply paint) to €2K (they supply paint) for a 1750sq ft pebble dash bungalow.

Outside. I just got a quote for 1200:eek:. I was hoping for a price in around 500.

What part of the country are you in? Is it a new house first time to be painted?

Just had my house painted, 2000sq ft, took the painter 3 days and he charges €100 per day.

He's the best painter we've ever had and is so clean and does a really neat job.

We're in Wicklow and I can give you his number if that's of any help?

paid around 700 euro to paint (externally) a pebble-dash mid-terrace house about 15 months ago, paint was extra (around 120 quid).

took a total of 5 working days (2 guys 2 days, 1 guy one day, although they didn't as such get overworked) to spray-paint the walls (two layers of paint), then window sills etc, and also got the front door repainted.

What part of the country are you in? Is it a new house first time to be painted?

Just had my house painted, 2000sq ft, took the painter 3 days and he charges €100 per day.

He's the best painter we've ever had and is so clean and does a really neat job.

That is a fantastic price. I am in Galway though so I'm afraid he may not travel this far!!

Reminder: Please keep all posts providing/seeking recommendations for suppliers in the Recommend tradesmen and suppliers forum.

paid around 700 euro to paint (externally) a pebble-dash mid-terrace house about 15 months ago, paint was extra (around 120 quid).

took a total of 5 working days (2 guys 2 days, 1 guy one day, although they didn't as such get overworked) to spray-paint the walls (two layers of paint), then window sills etc, and also got the front door repainted.
were they tax compliant and holding public liability insurance or were you funding the black economy?

black economy

Really? Do you think €100 euros a day too little to charge? That's a salary of 50k a year. I know many tradesmen who have drastically cut their prices, the reality is they are getting the work - the rest are still trying to cling on to the celtic tiger days with unrealistic prices and bemoaning the fact there is no work out there!

Why wouldn't a guy on 50k a year not be tax compliant?

were they tax compliant and holding public liability insurance or were you funding the black economy?

black economy

Really? Do you think €100 euros a day too little to charge? That's a salary of 50k a year. I know many tradesmen who have drastically cut their prices, the reality is they are getting the work - the rest are still trying to cling on to the celtic tiger days with unrealistic prices and bemoaning the fact there is no work out there!

Why wouldn't a guy on 50k a year not be tax compliant?

100€ x 5days x 48weeks = 24g minus insurance, account fees, tools, office equipment, time spent pricing, updating skills etc etc Am I missing something? oh yeah paying TAX

My mistake with the figures.
Either way, 500 euros a week labour only is a lot better than what say somone on the dole is getting. If I had to choose between the 2 I would rather work. Some people work for far less than that per week too. How many people are on the min wage ?

100€ x 5days x 48weeks = 24g minus

insurance, account fees, tools, office equipment, time spent pricing, updating skills etc etc Am I missing something? oh yeah paying TAX

Back