Cost of Flat Roof Recover

Boberto7

Hi All,

I have done some searching on here, and while the question has been asked a few times I've never seen a response.

We're looking at potentially buying a house with a flat roof extension. The extension has an area of 18m2, with two large skylights. I would think it needs to be recovered - but appears structurally sound, and the skylights certainly need replacing. Has anyone any experience of work, or cost per square meter of removal and replacement of the roof covering?

Thanks in advance.

Thread here with prices discussed.

You'd need to add the cost of the skylights also, and allow for the fact that if it clearly needs to be replaced, there's likely to be damage to the underlying timber structure that will also need work.

Keep in mind as well that insurance premiums can be affected by the presence of flat roofing.

Thread here with prices discussed.

You'd need to add the cost of the skylights also, and allow for the fact that if it clearly needs to be replaced, there's likely to be damage to the underlying timber structure that will also need work.

Keep in mind as well that insurance premiums can be affected by the presence of flat roofing.

Many thanks for that. I appreciate the skylights will have to be done aswell.

As for the timber structure, there is no evidence of water ingress, but to satisfy ourselves of the structure we'd like to have it recovered.

Back