Cost of car parts in Ireland

Nediaa, see further up....I tried them but the website decided my car didnt even have the parts! I don't think Mick is too useful for uncommon cars....

I bought a distributor from the US, $120, plus $60 express shipping. Was sent UPS. I had to pay €60 or so in excise duty/VAT (not sure which). It was still less than half the price of one here.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from the US if there is a good saving to be made. Shipping is usually the killer.

I rang a Main Peugeot Dealer in Wexford for a car part today - quoted € 412 incl vat .

I rang Main Peugeot Dealer in Antrim today for the same car part - quoted € 237 incl vat ( UK vat 17.5 % ) including postage .

Thats a saving of € 175 .

Only recently began looking at the cost of parts for my car as I had to get alot done to it. Priced the parts myself here in motor factors and main dealers, then priced all I needed in main dealer in Belfast - price in all cases in NI was half the southern price.
Will never buy parts here again!

But you would be guilty of tax evasion.
God, How will he sleep at night!!..:D:D With all the fun and games thats bein going on in this country this past while I certainly wouldnt be loosing any sleep over saving a few quid !..

Clutch over here 530 euro, got a stage 1 clutch form the uk 230 euro delivered thats 300 diff. Brake pads 183 here and 83 in the uk

Try eurocarparts.co.uk - excellent range, new and they deliver to Ireland.

Often times cheaper pattern parts are fine - and in fact are the same as those supplied by the dealers, only not branded in the car manufacturer's name. Any reputable motor factors should be able to supply most of those bits at a reasonable price. Outside of proper outlets I'd be careful ... Ford had a big problem with bogus (inferior) parts being misrepresented as their own official product back in the '90's ...

I find micks garage expensive. Your local motorfactors would be as cheap or cheaper for alot of stuff.

It.s not only the parts it's the labour. Someone smashhed my back light yesterday while we were parked. the lights do not have replaceable lenses anymore, cost of the light €164 and fitting by Mr T €94. The local body shop will fit for €40, 10 minutes job

Back