Correct bra size

Arnotts or House of Fraser only in Dublin.
I make a point of going to a Bravissimo store whenever I am in the UK. They are the best, bar none. I tried Bramora but didn't think much of them. The lady assisting me told me a bikini top that was not fitting correctly was "gorgeous" and they didn't have every style in every size, which meant I'd have to order it in just to try it.

Maybe I'm just an uniformed naive man who knows nothing of these complexities, but it how did you get it so spectacularly wrong ?!

30F is the same as 36D just with a bigger cup size and smaller back/band size.

The way it works is that every time you go down a band size you go up a cup size i.e.

36 D = 34 DD

34 DD = 32 E

32 E = 30 F

A 30 F bra will give far better support as most of the support comes from the band and not the cup size. Bravissimo.com has a good explanation. If the missus catches you looking at the site just tell her you're getting ideas for her birthday! ;)

M & S are absolutely rubbish. The last time I got measured there the woman was trying to give me a bra that was two sizes smaller than the bra I was wearing, even though I was bursting out of it because "that's the size that she was measuring"!!

Oh dear, I've only ever been measured in M&S. I'll be popping into Arnotts or BT after work today to get a second opinion!

30F is the same as 36D just with a bigger cup size and smaller back/band size.

The way it works is that every time you go down a band size you go up a cup size i.e.

36 D = 34 DD

34 DD = 32 E

32 E = 30 F

A 30 F bra will give far better support as most of the support comes from the band and not the cup size. Bravissimo.com has a good explanation. If the missus catches you looking at the site just tell her you're getting ideas for her birthday! ;)

That's reassuring to read. I went to Bramora in the end, and nearly fainted when she told me my cup size. However, I'm a 32 across the back and my friends have been trying to reassure me that's the reason my cup size is bigger than their's. I thought they were just being nice.

Agree with Ice - I think it's Bridie in House of Fraser, older lady. Brilliant - takes the fitting very personally (ha ha) - I was between sizes after many babies and she virtually locked me into the cubicle until she got it right, I had a splitting headache at the time and was cursing her under my breath but grateful at the same time. Kitten

Thats so funny - its was the same with me...I was with her for at least half an hour and I so wanted to leave but she was so eager I couldn't leave - she got me sorted in the end and went to great lenghts to make sure she get me something perfect

Thats so funny - its was the same with me...I was with her for at least half an hour and I so wanted to leave but she was so eager I couldn't leave - she got me sorted in the end and went to great lenghts to make sure she get me something perfect

That is so nice, I love ladies like that, they make the world go round especially when it comes to something like this or when you are on maternity leave, isolated, wheeling a baby round all day they will always fuss over you and baby. *sigh* love 'em.

Back