Cork Moryborough Hill - just heard the prices

nelly

€550k for 4 bed semi and €700:eek: :eek: for the detached same square footage for both . That is crazy for that area - i am sorry - cross the road and 1 broadale cresent is on at €315?? It aint no noddyland/ Mt Oval.

Move fast mad people - they are almost all sold out :rolleyes:

It should be called Moneyborough Hill...
Prices are crazy...However Broadale is a funny estate, the prices in there never seem to match the Moneyborough Hill average, for whatever reason... I don't know. A 4 bed end of terrace with side entrance in Moneyborough Woods went last week with Sherry Fitz for €480k after asking €460 and a 3 bed mid terrace went for in excess of €440k after asking €420k.
Any house that goes on sale in Moneyborough Woods seems to be snapped up really quickly. It seems to be the place to live or the place where everyone wants to live.
But then, every place has crazy prices now.

Glad someone agrees!
at least with noddyland / Mt Oval all the houses in the area are the same high prices.
Best get saving if i am to be ipwardly mobile in Cork!

In ten years time they will look remarkably 'Cheap' -LOL

the house or the price?
its very hard to see such a "plain" house tip a million, in an estate, in Cork. But i hope you are right, cause then my little old house might be worth more than i purchased for.

nelly said:
the house or the price?
its very hard to see such a "plain" house tip a million, in an estate, in Cork. But i hope you are right, cause then my little old house might be worth more than i purchased for.

Plain and ordinary houses houses in Dublin are going for well in excess of what is on offer in Moneyborough Hill. Check out page 8 of todays Independent. A 4 bed semi with an AMV of 2.5 million and expected to touch 3 million.
So subsequently it will only be a matter of time before a "plain" house in Cork hits the 1 mill mark...

I'm finding the prices where i live in Kilkenny just crazy also and it's nothing like the size of Cork. Showhouse in one developement Aynfield was packed on the last two weekends and not because everybody wants to buy one of the €699,500.00 priced houses. i think most people are going around bemused that a house in an estate is selling for that much. Also to buy the showhouse itself full furnished is 1 million and i think everyone's trying to work out where the €300,000.00 has gone. i just keeping wondering who can actually afford to or would want to pay those prices when its still possible to buy a site in Kilkenny and build a bigger house with a decent garden for less.

Thrifty said:
I'm finding the prices where i live in Kilkenny just crazy also and it's nothing like the size of Cork. Showhouse in one developement Aynfield was packed on the last two weekends and not because everybody wants to buy one of the €699,500.00 priced houses. i think most people are going around bemused that a house in an estate is selling for that much. Also to buy the showhouse itself full furnished is 1 million and i think everyone's trying to work out where the €300,000.00 has gone. i just keeping wondering who can actually afford to or would want to pay those prices when its still possible to buy a site in Kilkenny and build a bigger house with a decent garden for less.

Couldn't agree more. I was just listening to Ben Dunne on the news at one (radio one) commenting on the death of Patrick Gallagher (70s/80s) property speculator and he make the interesting point that he has yet to see a graph that keeps going up. It always eventually falls.
I know.... what he says is obvious common sense but then, are any of us sensible when it comes to property?
Lets just enjoy the roller coaster ride until it comes to a stop, slows down or (heaven forbid) crashes!

Folks-is this thread about Moryborough Hill, or is it about a property bubble in Japan or Kilkenny, or prices in Ireland in general?

If there are issues other than Moryborough Hill to be discussed, could this be done in a more appropriate thread?

Thanks.

CCOVICH i think you're being a bit techy about nothing very important. I mentioned Kilkenny because i was suprised about some of the prices in the new developements there which i considered to be relevant to the thread nelly posted.

I'm not being tetchy about anything-there have been several posts in this thread that have nothing to do with Moryborough Hill as a place to live and whether it is good value for that particular part of Cork.

That is the point of Location, Location Location.

Point taken CCOVICH, i didn't actually notice the title of the section when i replied.

Back