Cork, bishopstown/burbs

Vanilla

From the point of view of good primary and after, secondary, schools for girls, what are good areas in Cork to live in- it would have to be near or commutable to bishopstown.

Not sure about the primary schools but girls secondary schools in Bishopstown are Mount Mercy, cork city centre has St Aloysius, Douglas has Regina Mundi , all these are well regarded girls schools within commuting distance from bishopstown - cork quite small really . Also if you move west of the city to Ballincollig there's Colaiste Coilm ( excellent reputation for music , science and irish) . None of these are private - there are a couple of private girls schools as well - st angelas , scoil mhuire both on patricks hill.

Not sure about the primary schools but girls secondary schools in Bishopstown are Mount Mercy, cork city centre has St Aloysius, Douglas has Regina Mundi , all these are well regarded girls schools within commuting distance from bishopstown - cork quite small really . Also if you move west of the city to Ballincollig there's Colaiste Coilm ( excellent reputation for music , science and irish) . None of these are private - there are a couple of private girls schools as well - st angelas , scoil mhuire both on patricks hill.

By private, I presume you mean fee-paying. Scoil Mhuire is but St Angelas is not.

Hi I am moving to Cork in August with my five year old son. I will be studying my masters degree at Cork Institute of Technology for one year.
Can you recommend good suburbs and good schools for a five year old boy. and good suburbs to live in near CIT?
Also is it difficult to rent a property for nine months?

Back