Laya Control 300 Create pricing error

tallpaul

We are currently on this plan and received notification of the usual increase from €914.83 to €1111.87 for adults and €224.09 to €263.64 for children.

However I just received a call from Laya to say that this quoted price was incorrect and that it should be €937.13 (A) and €228.57(C)... The HIA website is still quoting the higher, apparently incorrect price.

For the (now) relatively marginal annual increase, I think that I will simply roll-over for another year on this plan which will be the first time in years we will have done so. We like this plan due to the minimal out-patient excess and good refund of day-to-day expenses.

Any thoughts?

Hi tallpaul,
Thanks for highlighting this very helpful info.
This is a very good plan, that ticks all the boxes at a very reasonable price.
It is very similar to Flex 250 Explore (760 including 10% discount )with the added extra day to day cover.
It's also similar to Simply Connect plan (999) if lower excesses are preferred.
You won't do any better for that price, you're right to stay on it for another year, nice one.:)

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
We are currently on this plan and received notification of the usual increase from €914.83 to €1111.87 for adults and €224.09 to €263.64 for children.

However I just received a call from Laya to say that this quoted price was incorrect and that it should be €937.13 (A) and €228.57(C)... The HIA website is still quoting the higher, apparently incorrect price.

The HIA site is correct, there's a price reduction on this scheme from 1 December.
http://www.hia.ie/news/laya-healthcare-price-reductions-01122015

Thanks for that. Never knew health insurance prices ever went down!! Always thought they only went in one direction!

Back