Contents only insurance on apartment

Stronge

I am looking for "contents only" cover for an apartment as the Block Insc covers the buildings. Have got a quote of €150 approx for the minimum cover which is €25K I was wondering if this is a good figure or not.

Average premium for €25,000 contents cover apartment owner occupier only ( other rooms not rented out) is €100 approx depending on where it is whether alarmed etc and standerd of cover you require, for example include accidental damage or not, or include cover for contents away from the home

Is this per year or month? I am in the process of buying an apartment and will need contents insurance

I was quoted €102 thismorning including accidental damage by Hibernian for 35K cover. It was the most reasonable I came across.

Mine is 150 euros with AXA for up to 35,000 euros and includes an engagement and wedding rings as detailed items to the value of 8000 euros. Has quite a lot of other coverage as well (public liability etc). Thought it was quite reasonable.

Mine is 131 euro through the AA (I also get 10% off my car insurance from having two policies). Found out I could have got it a lot cheaper (enough to cancel out the 10%) with 123.ie, but when I rang the AA to ask if they could do better the guy on the phone was one of the worst telemarketing representatives I had ever heard. He was so bad and so pathetic that the entertainment value meant I left the insurance where it was. I dined out on some of the tales of his pathetic answers several times over Christmas

I was quoted:

€97 by Allianz for €30k cover with €500 excess.
€120 by One Direct for €30k cover with €200 excess.

Insuring below €30k didn't seem to make much difference to the quotes

Back