construction of a new entrance road

tullyross

I'm trying to get a rough idea of how much it would cost to construct a new entrance road from the main road to our house. The house is about 50 metres in from the road. There is a small dried up riverbed that would need to be filled in or bridged over. Also how difficult is it to get planning permission and how long would it take? Thanks

There is no such thing in Ireland as a dried up riverbed.

The access cost questions can only be answered by local contractors willing to take on the work to an agreed specification.

The planning permission question answers cannot be offered based on so little information.

If you already have a house what do you need the road and planning permission for?

ONQ

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

drive prce

Doing mine at the moment..

if the ground is good you will probably need 6-7 loads of hard core (3 inch or down) to go 300mm deep then at 8euro a tonne (150 tonnes roughly)
Finishing with 804 at 9 euro a tonne will set you back 3 loads or 60 tonnes.

Finishing kerbing will be anywhere from 4.50 per metre to 7 euro per metre.
This is malerial only so work out labour hours for one to one and 1/2 weeks for 2 to 3 people with machinery,rollers and laying kerbing.

I cant give you a ball park on labour as im doing it myslef.

Thanks very much for all the advice, have decided not to construct new entrance in the end

Back