Concertina Doors

Hi Guys

Check this out. Just spoken to a guy in Viking Windows, they manufacture the doors themselves. Got a price, pretty reasonable but they don't do timber.www.vikingwindows.ie

Lucy.

Marvin windows do a set - biggest they can span without support is about 4,8m (4 panel or 5 panel) - mad exp. though - 16k for 4 or 20k for 5 panel in alu-clad (timber inside). Must have a look at Nordic and others mentioned here to see what a similar would be in price with them

How much did Viking quote you Lucylamplady?
(if you don't mind me asking)

People will start to think im advertising for this crowd!!! Getting a 5m concertina 4 fold 1 fixed €3,500 double glazed timber! Sjodhalus

People will start to think im advertising for this crowd!!! Getting a 5m concertina 4 fold 1 fixed €3,500 double glazed timber! Sjodhalus

Thanks Jolly Man - I'd seen the thread on them but hadn't read it.

Re: Concertina Doors Price

Hi Guys

Check this out. Just spoken to a guy in Viking Windows, they manufacture the doors themselves. Got a price, pretty reasonable but they don't do timber.www.vikingwindows.ie

Lucy.

Hi Frash, of course I dont mind! My opening size brick to brick is 13ft and the height is 8ft. they said €7600 inc vat to fit. I am going to see the door on saturday

Re: Concertina Doors Price

Hi Frash, of course I dont mind! My opening size brick to brick is 13ft and the height is 8ft. they said €7600 inc vat to fit. I am going to see the door on saturday

I rang them yesterday & asked about a 5m opening, 2m high & it was €7,600 for supply or €8,200 for supply & fit.

I'm not sure how that compares to a regular set of double doors with just windows beside them though. Anyone?

don't know about double doors, but i did get a price for insulated aluminium sliding door with 4 panes of glass, price was 6500 fitted into the new opening
By the way, I saw the folding door on Saturday. I was impressed, so I am bringing the hubby up on Thursday:)

I am undertaking a house refurbishment project and have just bought 3 Vu-Fold doors from B&G in Ballymount (www.bghome.ie). I am putting 2 in to replace the patio door and back window that I have now, to open up the back of the house into the garden, and another one into a courtyard in the middle of the house. I saw them in action in their showroom and they look perfect and sturdy. They also have them in 6ft and (I was told) 12ft widths. The 6ft and 8ft ones are standard sizes and are usually in stock, and mine are being set aside for me to collect when they are ready to be installed. The builder will put them in for me. The 8ft doors cost me €2850+VAT.

I am undertaking a house refurbishment project and have just bought 3 Vu-Fold doors from B&G in Ballymount (www.bghome.ie). I am putting 2 in to replace the patio door and back window that I have now, to open up the back of the house into the garden, and another one into a courtyard in the middle of the house. I saw them in action in their showroom and they look perfect and sturdy. They also have them in 6ft and (I was told) 12ft widths. The 6ft and 8ft ones are standard sizes and are usually in stock, and mine are being set aside for me to collect when they are ready to be installed. The builder will put them in for me. The 8ft doors cost me €2850+VAT.

Iano, just wondering how you got on with those Vu-Fold doors, as I'm looking at those myself.

Hi jbbcie, sorry for the delay in responding to you. I am actually getting the doors delivered today, as part of our house renovation project. Not quite sure when the builder intends to install them fully though. The doors come with a full book of installation instructions, to ensure that they are done right. And they will be treated with varnish before installation

hi i used viking windows .i bought two 4 leaf folding doors the openings were about 3m each and they cost 14000 inc vat .the doors are ok but they left some screws missing and i cant get them back to replace them.i didnt find it the best experience ive ever had using them.so i for one wont be a return customer.

Hi,

I'm looking for an internal folding doors between the Kitchen and the Sunroom, instead of putting in two normal doors i was going to put in two folding doors to take up less space. Anybody got any information on where i could get such a door.

Joehooker, you need some parliament hinges. Any good hardware will point you in the correct direction. Just use two standard doors the hinges allow the doors to fold back on one another.

Back