Computer illiterate colleagues really annoying me lately

Isn't it amazing what are classified as "IT" problems or "IT" questions, including some of the examples above?

"My computer won't switch on for me.

Is it plugged in?

I can't see, there are no lights on.

Can you turn on the lights and look?

No, the electricity is off in this building ..."

So how did these people get the job ion the first place? dare I ask, is it public or private sector?

Isn't it amazing what are classified as "IT" problems or "IT" questions, including some of the examples above?

"My computer won't switch on for me.

Is it plugged in?

I can't see, there are no lights on.

Can you turn on the lights and look?

No, the electricity is off in this building ..."
Yep, I had that too, when I ran a helpdesk in a multinational about 10 years ago

So how did these people get the job ion the first place? dare I ask, is it public or private sector?
I have no experience in the public sector, but I know in the private sector that IT illiteracy doesn't discriminate. Doesn't seem to have much to do with age or gender etc, but more to do with attitude and a willingness to adapt.

Well maybe its just me, but I do not mind when people aske me a techie question, I am usually glad to help. I mean Scaning/Emailing/Compressing/Editing its hardly rocket Science its just some people focus on other things in working life and life and so because they may only use or do a certain task once a year they need a reminder. I would never think some one was silly for asking me, quiet the opposite and it creates some intereting relationships. Now if they asked me to explain Quantam Physics over coffee..... well I will excuse my self and meditate some (i.e Goggle it).

M
Self praise is no praise.

Last edited:
A call came into a dept I worked in once...."could someone please upgrade the internet?" :eek:

Back