Compnay changing contract cleaners, am I entitled to transfer?

S

Sandro

Hello
I am a cleaner for a cleaning contracting company in Ireland and we just lost the contract to another cleaning company. The new company say that they dont have to take me on because it is not covered under the transfer of undertakings law. Some thing about a second level or tier transfer??
Can you please tell me where I stand?
thanks

Your employer is not transferring their business to the other cleaning company, they just lost a client... I don't see any reason why the other cleaning company would be required to take you on.

What is your current employer saying?
Have they offered you other work or redundancy?
Are you in a union?

Your employer is not transferring their business to the other cleaning company, they just lost a client... I don't see any reason why the other cleaning company would be required to take you on.

Usually in the cleaning and security business, where an employer loses a contract to another provider, TUPE applies. Under TUPE, empoyees who worked on the site for a period of time can opt to stay in situ with the new provider on their existing terms and conditions.

OP needs to give more details on situation before anyone can comment on whether it is a TUPE case.

Back