Completing CF83 Correctly and payment from Australia

Cold Ale

G'day all - am looking to finalise my application to distract me from Australia's abysmal performance in RWC23 - 1st two group losses ever including a scoreless H2 against Wales. thanks for the thread, it's great.

As a retired CFO I am happy to help anyone with q's about out here.

I have found my NI number ( almost 8 weeks to get two missing digits via snail and phone), seen my gaps and want to organise completing my CF83 and make payment. given the long delays, I want to make sure i get it right. My understanding is that I need to add an extra page with employment details since leaving as well as what years I want to pay for.

I am looking for clarification on how to make payment and to complete the form correctly. With the additional post issues, it seems to add a month to the process, so trying to complete in 1 iteration before the poms change the rules.

I may have mis-read the threads, but my understanding is that i need to complete a DD and am planning to use Revolute app and advise this in the form.

On the CF83 form to complete the DD, i am required to complete the branch sort code and address ( I don't have either)

So it looks like I should complete Q23 as making an annual payment and then I will receive an invoice ( or some payment instruction) from HM R&C? - then I just make the payment later on and dont complete the DD form.

Is that the way to go?

i.e make Q23 as annual and await a reply?

thanks heaps

aidan

1. Deadline has been extended to April 2025.
2. You can't pay by DD.
3. DWP will advise how much you need to pay to bring your arrears up to date.
4. Payments are annual after that.
5. Finally, given that another state is prepared to pay you a pension of c. £10,000 per annum perhaps it's time to stop using perjorative expressions.

HMRC will issue payment instructions including an IBAN and reference to use that is based on your NI number.

For the payment I use Revolut both for convenience and also good FX fees.

HMRC will issue payment instructions including an IBAN and reference to use that is based on your NI number.

For the payment I use Revolut both for convenience and also good FX fees.
Sorry for jumping on thread. Tried to set ot up with revolut but wasn't able to. Says account name can't be checked. What did you use?

reply received dated 23 Dec 23 ( applied end sept 23) and accepted my class 2 request and outlines both

- amounts to pay per year
- where to pay ( refer to hyperlink on letter)
- latest date to pay

So I'll look to pay soonest and cross my fingers that I don't kack it in the next 15 years! - thanks all

reply received dated 23 Dec 23 ( applied end sept 23) and accepted my class 2 request and outlines both

- amounts to pay per year
- where to pay ( refer to hyperlink on letter)
- latest date to pay

So I'll look to pay soonest and cross my fingers that I don't kack it in the next 15 years! - thanks all
Wait a week or two after you pay and then ring them to confirm it was received and what years to allocate the money to. It could then take about 8 weeks before it updates on your mygov account and forecast. Be aware that when you do finally get the pension you will not get any increases as you live in Australia.

Wait a week or two after you pay and then ring them to confirm it was received and what years to allocate the money to. It could then take about 8 weeks before it updates on your mygov account and forecast. Be aware that when you do finally get the pension you will not get any increases as you live in Australia.
That's good turnaround time, applied last May to see what class I was and have not received a response even though I have looked online and it has been received and saying in progress. Anyone any ideas what to do should I ring them?

That's good turnaround time, applied last May to see what class I was and have not received a response even though I have looked online and it has been received and saying in progress. Anyone any ideas what to do should I ring them?
I'm in the same boat. Applied end of May 2023. My record says In Progress, and I the website says I can expect a reply in mid-April

Yes I checked my due date for response a couple times over the past months and they keep kicking the dates out. I think I might ring them this week and see if I get anywhere.

Back