Comparison of childcare costs around country

My creche charges e966 pcm for babies and toddlers, e926 for montessori and e535 for afterschool (dublin southside)

I worked in a creche in kildare and babies and wobblers cost up to €950 per month for fulltime mon-fri

€110 per week for after school - 2.30pm to 6pm
€165 per week for holidays - 9am to 6pm

9 year old child, in childminder's own home, not creche.
ETA - Cork suburbs

My 4yr old in childminders home - full day mon to friday 8.30 to 5 - €130pw and half day after montesori from aprox 1 to 5 - €75.00pw - I supply all food etc and very glad to do so at that price. In Co Kilkenny area.

We have a 3yr and 4yr old in a local community creche as well and its 9e per half day each so 90e per week for the 2. Northside dub.

I'm feeling a bit unwell looking at what some of you are paying - am I paying over the average?

Our 2.5 year old started in the local community creche today. Full day care (09:00-16:30) is €90 p.w. Half day care (first or second half of the day) is €45.
We have a 3yr and 4yr old in a local community creche as well and its 9e per half day each so 90e per week for the 2. Northside dub.
Should have said that I'm D7.
My 4yr old in childminders home - full day mon to friday 8.30 to 5 - €130pw and half day after montesori from aprox 1 to 5 - €75.00pw - I supply all food etc and very glad to do so at that price. In Co Kilkenny area.
Also meant to say that food (breakfast if required, dinner/lunch, afternoon snack) is provided by our place.
I'm feeling a bit unwell looking at what some of you are paying - am I paying over the average?
Don't know about the average but €165 p.w. for full day care is far from the highest price that I came across while looking around at other alternatives (private creches around Dublin city centre areas).

How do you get into a local community creche? Is it means tested?
We pay 850pm for 2 yo and 560pm for afterschoolers for 4 yo. Food provided, nappies not. Dub Southside. It's as bad as a 2nd mortgage...

Toddler - full time - €965 per month [just moved from baby rate of €977 per month]

Pre/After school care - including school drop - €661 per month

€75 per week for after school care in a purpose built facility (2.15pm to 6pm) including drop off, pick up and dinner, snacks etc.

It was €130 per week for full time when she was a toddler and €200 per week when she was a baby. Meals were provided but bottles, nappies and wipes etc weren't.

West of Ireland - large town.

How do you get into a local community creche? Is it means tested?
We pay 850pm for 2 yo and 560pm for afterschoolers for 4 yo. Food provided, nappies not. Dub Southside. It's as bad as a 2nd mortgage...

My jaw just dropped :eek:

Pay 140 euro a week for a baby from 9 until 5.
It is a community creche and anyone can use it. No criteria for users.
I am in County Cork.

Back