commercial rates

serotoninsid

If a commercial property goes to auction, how can a potential buyer determine if there are any historic rates owing on the property?

The rates collector for the local council will be able to tell you if there are arrears. Check council website and call up relevant section with the address of the property.

Rates due on vacated premises

My commercial office in dublin 2 has been prone to flooding, its flood 4 times in 2years. My landlord has failed to resolve the problem so we have moved office at the end of february 2013. We have paid 2013 rates for our new office but the rates office say we are liable for the rates on our old office for the entire year of 2013 (APPROX 3K). I have no problem paying for Jan and Feb but simply cannot afford to pay out rates for a vacated, flood liable premises for the remainder of 2013. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (I had no lease on my old premises)

Hi
I moved offices 2 years ago and just paid the pro rata rates bill for the 3 months up to end march. the local authority agreed with this - though this was Sligo Co Co. So I would resist paying the full year.

Back