Colour of paint for exterior of house

RMCF

Has anyone repainted their house recently?

Looking for a good colour scheme for mine, and there seems to be so many options I can't decide.

Anyone recommend 2 colours that look good? (main colour plus one for edging).

Is yours a stand alone house? I have always liked a light grey with darker grey around surrounds.

Yeah its a stand alone house.

Didn't want to do the usual yellow/ lemon that you see a lot of.

Have seen most houses now are done in pastel type shades. Browns and creams.

my house dulux daffodil delight (one of your usual yellow i suppose but its a good strong colour) with black - love it, stand alone house. Original had white but had to paint over with black as was constantly touching up/repainting to keep clean.

Another house process of being painted, stand alone, is dulux honey dew (think its called) with wattle on trims. However painted windowsills and all reveals around window in white (just to be different). lovely very modern, not sure how easy to keep clean would be my only concern.

my house is painted in dulux sandstone as main colour and gardenia for the trims, cills etc

Buttermilk - and strongly recommend Colortrend paint; I never use anything else interior or exterior.

I recommend Colortrend also - lots of fabulous shades.
Please don't choose yellow though - the country is littered with yellow houses, alot of them totally characterless (in my opinion!).

we used sandstone and Innisfail from Dulux, the lighter one for the main part and the slightly darker one for quoins & sills etc. Def get some tester pots as the colours are very different on the wall compared to the colour cards, much lighter in our case

Back