Clothes recycling centres - for charity or private profit?

Cheeus

Does anyone know who benefits from clothes recycling points, eg: the one in Ballyogan. Is it a private commercial company or charity?

Have loads of clothes to pass on and might make the effort to iron etc and drop to charity shops if no charity benefits from the recycle centre.

Thanks

I read today that St. Vincent de Paul's are desperately looking for clothes.

Thanks Rois. Do you know where they wanted them delivered to?
Or if you remember where you read it I'll have a read myself.

Thanks a million Rois. Will give them a buzz and see what kind of things they are looking for.

Your welcome. Could you post back when you've spoken to them as I have also lots of clothes to clear out. Thanks Cheeus.

I rang and was directed to my nearest SVP shop which is Dundrum. Dropped down bags of jeans, slacks, suits, dresses, shoes, handbags, scarves, dvds and cds. They said they could use them all and certainly the shop was doing great business.

Thanks for reminding me about SVP. It's a great option because it's providing low cost good clothes and the money raised is helping SVP help people with bills, food, etc.

Other things that seemed to be useful to them are books, unwanted presents that could be bought for presents for someone else (not electrical goods), even good condition bed linen and curtains were selling.

So anything really that someone else could use. Clean, good condition.

Thanks for the tip. I feel it was worth the effort to bring it to SVP shop and not just recycle. I held back just shabby clothes for recycling.

Well done to you for thinking of others not so well off. You could of donated
(and others please note), for Ladies and Kids clothes and toys, to refuges for battered and abused wives in and around Dublin and many other refuges throughout the country. (If in doubt where they are ask the Gardai|) Also the SIMON Community who do massive work for those in need.

SO IF IN DOUBT PLEASE THINK OF THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN YOU AND MAKE AN EXTRA EFFORT OR TRAVEL A LITTLE FURTHER TO HELP OTHERS WHO MAY APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS.

Thanks for info and advice. I'll get working on sorting out my clothes tomorrow.
Rois

Back