Clever Promotional Ideas / Thingys

brian.mobile

Hi,

Just racking my brains for cheapish ways to promote a business.

We've all got the pens. Wouldnt a beer bottle open er be handier?

Or a pack of branded paying cards?

Any cute ideas out there? What have you received in the past?

BM

ClubMan said:
Yeah - it's a pity they defaced that one with your woman really. :(
How did you know she's my woman? (please don't tell my wife!!

Anyway, to answer the original question:
I have seen:
Tension balls (squeeze to relieve tension) in the shape of a brain and an American Football.
Brushes for cleaning Keyboards.
Radios
LED torches
Plastic Bull-clips
Puzzles
key-ring tape-measures.
...that's all I can think of but you should just ring a promotions company of Google for same.

In the past I've also received (good quality) stainless steel flasks (emblazoned with company logo), scale rulers, utility tool, CD wallet with multiple pockets/ sleeves...

All nice ideas. I'd be thinking cheap and handy stuff.

I'm veering twoards lighters and bottle openers. But the former and latter are dwindling in popularity.

Hmm

What else does everyone use daily....

BM

What type of business are we talking about, whats the age group of your target audience.

Mister H said:
Just got a nice 256MB USB key on a training course.

I think USB Keys would make a fantastic impression - they are very cheap, very useful and very simple. At Christmas Google sent a USB key to many of it's top AdSense publishers; from what I read online, the promotion worked extremely well.

Yea, I wouldn't mind gettin my hands on one of them keyring trolley tokens alright... extremely handy. I wonder if a business were to provide them as a promotional gimmick, where would the best place be to source them?

You could contact www.pigsback.com (someone from Pigsback contributed to AAM recently-do a search) as I got one of these trolley thingys from them.

Liklely to have limited appeal to most men I would have thought, but anyway........(I am a man by the way, but actually do my fair share of the grocery shopping in our household)

brian.mobile said:
I'm veering twoards lighters and bottle openers. But the former and latter are dwindling in popularity.
As only 23% of the population smoke, I can't see that a lighter would be well received.

CGorman said:
I think USB Keys would make a fantastic impression - they are very cheap, very useful and very simple. At Christmas Google sent a USB key to many of it's top AdSense publishers; from what I read online, the promotion worked extremely well.
USB stick promos are about €12-€15 for the cheapest, based on buying 100. If you want fancy printing (anything other than mono colour) you can ad €2-3 each. €1500+ for 100 handouts is not cheap. Nice pens are about €1.2 each for 500. It's all about whom you are giving them to and how much you are willing to spend.

I have been told that rulers are a good bet as well as they stay on people’s desks for longer.

When I lived in Oz, I had a small fish tank with a Japanese fighting fish delivered as a promo from HP/Compaq who were launching a small form PC. It was the wackiest promo gift I had ever received. The tank was small and the link with the pc was related to the size and then the fish was supposed to represent the power of the processor....We kept the fish as the team fish and ended up having to give it away as the team were spending too much time cleaning the tank, feeding the fish etc....I think I'd prefer a pen...

Back