Clarification of terminology

Dusty Lavender

Hi everybody, I'm thinking of taking out Be Fit 2 for our 3 lads, aged 18, 21 and 23. However, while I need a consultant in Blackrock to be covered for outpatient and possible day patient eventualities, I'm don't need semi-private or private rooms to be covered. My question is, in the High Tech hospitals, is there a possibility for other than semi-private or private rooms? If by chance one of them did need to stay overnight, say in Blackrock, would we be liable for 50% of the room costs (along with the €125 excess)?

On another note, I've been advised that once we've decided on our plans (my husband, 56, and myself 55 are going to go with Laya Simply Connect I think) that we should call the company in question and ask them if they have that same plan but at a more interesting price and available in one of the company schemes. Has anyone had experience of that making a difference?

Many thanks in advance. This forum (and particularly Snowyb) has been a life-saver!

Hi Dusty Lavender,

Welcome to AAM. Are you first time new customers to health insurance, or are you coming up to renewal date and looking at options?

Regarding High Tech hospital cover, besides day patient cover/procedures which are fully covered with 125 excess, for an overnight or longer
stay the Beacon hospital is fully covered for both a semi-private(shared room) and a private(single occupancy room). Blackrock Clinic fully
cover the majority of surgeries/treatments/procedures with just the 125 excess to pay on admission. This hospital does not have any shared
wards, just all single occupancy rooms with ensuite bathroom facilties as standard, at no extra cost to the patient. If a person is admitted
through their private A+E, there are seperate costs involved ie initial consultation, maybe scans, bloods etc which are paid for upfront and can be submitted for refund through a day to day expenses claim.

Laya don't have any discount on offer for Simply Connect plan at the moment. It was reduced in price since last year, so the price is as
advertised on their website. Unless you are part of a corporate scheme directly with your employer, whereby the employer pays a portion or all of your health insurance costs.
Simply Connect plan is classed as a corporate plan which means it is a good value hospital plan at a competitive price, including good day to day cover. But unless Laya has a pre-agreed deal with your employer, the standard website price applies.
As it happens, I am on Simply Connect myself at the moment, full standard price with no special discounts.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks for that Snowyb, brilliant to have answers to those last, fiddly questions that were eluding me.

We've had very basic cover in the past and are coming up to renewal at the end of the month. Between jiggling the plans between we seniors and the "youngers", and combing through all the information you've generously given on the boards here, I think we gained three-fold in benefits from our previous plan which we had for €100 less a month.

Thanks again for your generosity of time and patience Snowyb, it's very much appreciated.

All the best

Dusty

Back