Ciaran Maguire Group selling property in Cape Verde

Brendan Burgess

Founder
There are many threads about the history of Ciaran Maguire, so I thought I might try to collect the information together here about the Ciaran Maguire Group

There is no mention on the website that you are dealing with a limited company. Or who is behind the group, except for the pictures and videos of Ciaran Maguire himself. Is it a requirement that a limited company should state its limited company status prominently and the names of the directors?

I got the Annual Return as of 19 December 2009 for

Ciaran Maguire Group Limited company number - 472107

Sole shareholder: Ciaran Maguire 100 shares of €1 each

Directors
Ciaran Maguire
Date of birth: 19 May 1978
32 Shalimar, Monastery Road, Clondalkin

Other directorships: left blank

Christopher Maguire
Date of birth: 3 January 1939
18 Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24

Other directorships: Left blank, although his business occupation is given as "director".

Are they not obliged to disclose their directorships?
On the Annual Return for Flash Developments Limited (in liquidation) , they give the following information:

Christopher Maguire
Other directorships: Ciaran Maguire Group Limited, Flexi Fabrication Ltd, Flash Powder Coatings Ltd

Ciaran Maguire
Other directorhips: Ciaran Maguire Group Ltd and Flash Powder Coatings Ltd

This seems to me to be particularly important as Flash Developments Limited is in liquidation and it is the type of information people dealing with a company need to know.

I saw the advert on TV as well. On the basis of the reports on this entity, how and why has nobody issued a complaint to the advertising authorities ?

Hi mercman

What would be the basis for a complaint?

I think it's important that potential purchasers know the background. The directors are directors of another company which went into liquidation. The Court ordered an investigation. Other buyers are suing him for the return of deposits.

But I don't think that there is anything misleading or wrong in the ad?

Other buyers are suing him for the return of deposits.

That's a pretty good reason to start with. Unless and until a Court has heard of the Investors side of the case and also that of the defendant and a Court has ruled, I find it pretty dismal that advertisements could and should be aired.

Realistically the defendants are allowed present a defence but the public need to be taught 'Caveat Emptor'

Hi Mercman

I disagree.

Potential purchasers need to know that there is case outstanding against him.
They need to know that he is a director of a company that went into liquidation.

They can make their mind up. But he has not been barred from acting as a director.

A bit off topic ... perhaps ... but ..

how does a director of a liquidated company have the funds for these ads?

flexi fabrication is due to be wound up on tues. 19th april -

flexi fabrication and technical services limited - another company owned by the same people is ready to take over - how can that be allowed ? anyone have an answer ?

Hi Stephen

It depends.

It could be a members' voluntary winding up where all the creditors have been paid. The winding up may be for tax reasons.

So setting up a new company to buy the assets could be perfectly valid.

Even if the old company is insolvent, a new company can still buy the old assets from the liquidator as long as it's done at fair prices.

Where is the information about the winding up of the old company? Is it a creditors' meeting?

Brendan

flexi fab liquidation

yes , it was a creditors meeting

nobody has been paid at the moment - so would that mean it's a creditors voluntary liquidation ?

The notice of the meeting is [broken link removed]

Stephen - is there any report of the meeting?

Who was appointed liquidator?

Brendan

swan and o'sullivan - lower rathmines rd. someone by the name of nigel is the person dealing with it , good luck to him , he's going to need it ,. they are paying them selves and their family members well , seems to be the fashion now in ireland

Last edited by a moderator:
Back