Chorus Phone Deal

Hans

I have been looking at cheaper options for phone lines and Chorus seem to be very favourable at the moment as compared to BT and Eircom both of which I have been with of late. I think I can save hundreds of euro by changing but why does this ring alarm bells with me I'm thinking 'if it's too good to be true then it is'. Has anyone any experience of using them. Thanks

we have chorus/ntl for the tv but bt for the phones and broadband, the bt works out at approx 45e a month for the 3mg (i think broadband) and all ireland and uk landlines coverered in this for up to 59 mins per call, is the Chorus better than this?

We changed to chorus for tv, phone and broadband. We don't make much use of the phone, never did, but are saving about €20 per month on what we used to pay to sky / BT. Fewer channels though.

We have NTL broadband and phone. Only comment was that we had shocking dire customer service from them. Total catalogue of errors from them over many months. All seems to have calmed down now and broadband and phone working ok. Phone is dead cheap & I wouldn't say I have any reason to switch. Only problem is that when the broadband goes down, which it sometimes does, your phone is then out of action too. But that would be the same for any company offering phone over a broadband line. And in fairness, on that side of things (i.e. technical support) I've found NTL to be very helpful and usually get it up and running again quickly.

There are plenty of other threads here on the NTL/Chorus phone deal.

The only problem we have had is mentioned in this post. The same thing happened again recently and a friend has mentioned that we need to reboot the modem regularly which we are doing and monitoring regularly.

One thing that does annoy me about their charges is that they bill you for 1850 and 1890 calls even on the Anytime package. If I feel that I'm going to be on the phone for any length of time I just get a normal landline number from the company's website and use that.

Thanks for that searched in wrong Forum - they dont come across as very reliable!!!

Back