Chimney not coverd by insurance???

aerobubbles

Hi i had an insurance asessor out today to look at my cracked chimney, and appranetly its not covered, i hadnt even noticed untill i was in the attic last week and i noticed some boxes were covered in soot, my chimney breast has soot stuck to it like it came out through the blocks.

So i rang my insurance company who i am with at least 15 years guy comes today and takes loads of photos, says since i didnt inform them with the 30 days of the damage???? (god knows when it happened) that i am not covered, he then proceded to walk the entire rest of my house and tells me i am also under insured!! what the bloody hell am i paying insurance for?

The answer I'm afraid is in the wording of your policy document and any endorsements your insurers included when the policy was instituted.

Well i will tell you one thing that is the last home insurance payment i am making, so disgusted. Would anyone know if there is grant aid or any sort of help to get my chimney repaired? funds are non existant

oh and another thing the acessor said to me was "we can tell by google earth if you painted your chimney since it split" my poor chimney hasnt been painted in think 5 years but i am wondering is it something they say to put the frightners on older people?

Back