Child Maintenance

volvic35

Hoping someone can help us.

My partner has a child with his ex and has always paid her 60 up until he lost his job and is only getting 188week now, we've two child together and a fairly big mortgage barely making it if Im honest, partner cant claim for our two kids as Im working which is fair enough, but he also cant claim extra for his son due to his ex claiming for everything under the sun for him, but the social welfare are saying he should be paying her something yet their not allowing him any extra on his JSB each week,hes recieving the same as a single person (does this sound right).

Anyway we got a letter for the social welfare stating that his ex has applied for a one parent family allowance and my partner needs to be paying towards this, what do you think they can award her, now she's another child with her current partner who is working full time and she's also saying he's not living in the house with her, she's more money then makes sense, if we could afford to give her something we would be at the moment we cant until my partner can get back to work.

hi,

if shes claiming one parent family allowance and is living together with the dad of her second child, then its fraud.

Back