child benefit payment delay

lorr01

my mum filled out a new child benifit form about a month ago as my sister had just turned 16 and she hasnt heard a word back from them about payment, will it automatically go into the post office or what will happen please and thanks, and is this length of time correct to be waiting..

Re: child benifit payment delay

How does your mum normally get paid her CB? Was it available to her today since it is the 1st of the month. If not then they have stopped the payment untill they have sorted out all the new paperwork.

1 Month isn't very long to be waiting, they usually say claims will be dealt with in 3 months but this can sometimes be longer.

As long as you have supplied all the information that they have requested, the only think you can do is wait for them to get around to it.

Anything you are owed will be back dated to your mum.

samanthajane,
thank you very much for your advice, ya she went to the post office today and there was nothing there for her..ya she has all the correct details sent to the child benifit section.
they told her in the post office alright that it can take a good while as they are extra busy now!, and that it will be backdated, thanks so much.

My dad is near 8 weeks waiting for his job seekers allowance to be sorted for him and he was 35 year in a job, it bit tough at the minute!
thanks

If I remember correctly, once they turn 16 it is paid in relation to the school year. She may received some benefit to the end of June, and then have to re-apply in Sept. This is because it is only paid for over 16's in full time education. If she only gets it to the end of June she will receive it backdated to July when the new form goes through.

I stand to be corrected on the above!

oh right i see, i didnt know that i just persumed when she turned 16 you filled out 1 form only and then you are back to getting child benifit til she finishes secondry school!!

thanks!

Back