Check Up in Dentist - Costs

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

Have done a trawl through old posts but realise that a lot of them may be out of date now post the last budget.

Essentially i want to get a check-up, clean and polish. What are my entitlements regarding rebates vis a vis this?

For information i am have VHI Health Steps and believe i am entitled to €25 for the first 7 dental visits.

I live in the Dublin area.

Cheers!
WB

See this from here:

Dental Benefit Under this scheme, the Department pays the full cost of an oral examination once a year. The examination is provided by private dentists who are on a Department of Social Protection's panel. Lists of dentists on the panel are available in the Department's offices. Most dentists are on the panel so you should not have any difficulty finding one. The dentist or the Department will have the application forms. These forms require details such as your Personal Public Service Number (PPSN). If you are a dependent spouse or civil partner, you should give the PPSN of the insured person.

Your VHI statement of benefits will confirm if you are definitely covered under the Health Steps scheme.

Revenue only allow dental cover for possibly orthodontic @20% see here

Back