Check in luggage one way only

onway

Am travelling with a few friends on a city break and we are only bringing hand luggage (Ryanair) but we want to check in a bag for coming home to hold the shopping.:D........Is it possible to do this as we have already booked flights and if I add a bag now it will be added both directions....

Did you look at their Web Site? --it seems to be an option -- in manage my booking

You can add a bag online in the manage my booking section before you come back home. It cost €20 and I did it recently though I found their website difficult to manouver, whatever you do be sure to untick the box which offers you the over priced nylon luggage bag at a cost of €80 odd euro.

whatever you do be sure to untick the box which offers you the over priced nylon luggage bag at a cost of €80 odd euro.

Yeah! Noticed that. You have to opt out of purchasing a suitcase!
Another thing, when opting out of their travel insurance you have to find their "no travel insurance required" box in the middle of their list of countries under "N".

You also have to now agree to the Terms and Conditions of their website.

I did the add bag thing and on my boarding pass now it says
Bag 0 - 0 checked bag
Bag 1 - 1st checked bag (15kg)

Does this sound right.....

Yeah! Noticed that. You have to opt out of purchasing a suitcase!
Another thing, when opting out of their travel insurance you have to find their "no travel insurance required" box in the middle of their list of countries under "N".

You also have to now agree to the Terms and Conditions of their website.

A person wouldn't want to have anything wrong with their eyesight while
manouvering around their website:(.

Consumers shouldn't have to opt out of things they dont want in the first place. I nearly got caught for the bag as I was in a hurry and not used to their site. Another thing I noticed was the air hostess went around trying to sell smoke free cigarettes during the flight, I was pretty shocked at that given the health warnings about smoking and all that goes with it.

We often post stuff home when we're on holiday. You can get rid of things mid-holiday.

Back